Here’s a very fast 3 question quiz to help answer that question:
Being smart and competent will certainly help you during coaching, but it doesn’t tell you whether or not you need a career life coach. That boils down to 3 questions:
1. Are you eager to go to work, usually feeling passionate and fulfilled in your job and career?
- If you answered no, go on to number 2.
2. Do you know what new career/job you would like instead?
- If no, think about coaching. If yes, that’s great, and now go on to 3.
3. Are you making progress toward you ideal career as fast and effectively as you’d like?
- If no, think about coaching.
If you answered yes on 1 OR 2 AND yes on 3, you probably don’t need coaching.
© 2005–2008 by Leonard Lang